What a fine, fine day.

The rediscovered blog of Andrew John Moore. Now with less angst!

Monday, February 20, 2006

People of the world: Shut up!

Returning to normal service.

An old article about introverts, written for extroverts. And then a companion interview with the writer three years later.

They made me think about this whole "being an introvert" lark, and how it affects me. The answer was obvious: It makes me hate everybody.

I already only play along with the bare minimum of small talk I can get away with - I try and avoid getting into Fine Loops ("Hi, how are you?" "Fine, how are you?" "Fine, how are you?" ), I avoid the normal gossip fora (aka I don't smoke), and I've taken being contrary about the weather to get people to stop talking to me about it.

Sadly, I don't think all of my hatred of everyone is down to pure introversion. No, parts of it are devilgreen jealousy at the ease of their talkings. Damn them for making me envy them!

Plus they think I'm arrogant. Just because I'm better than them doesn't mean they should revert to name calling.

1 Comments:

At 11:04 pm , Blogger d❤vid said...

what does it mean to be contrary about the weather? ("It's raining." "No it's not!")

have I pimped you gapingvoid.com before, you heartless marketeer?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home